Monday, July 2, 2018

Huge Fire Hazard In Our House.




I've been cleaning houses for 5 years now, I like to think of myself as a detailed cleaner. Something I always enjoy is going above and beyond. I love seeing the amazement on clients faces! Yet I have to admit, after 5 years, I'm still learning things. 

The other day I decided to clean the tabletop fan in my baby girls room. I took off the grill and afterwards, I soaked and washed the pieces in my sink.  As I looked over the rest of the fan, I noticed a lot of dust inside of the motor cover.
I was pretty horrified, because of the huge fire hazard that was right next to my daughters bed!

My spouse is the builder in our family. Therefore, the right man with the right tools for the job. 
(As I have misplaced my screwdriver several times.) 
I had him remove the motor cover and we lightly dusted it outside.
This would have been easier to use. Link

I've had this fan for at least ten years, old reliable.
The grills and such have been cleaned several times.
However, I never thought to actually clean inside of the back cover.

Dust is a relentless foe, it winds up pretty much everywhere.
It's always a great idea to inspect things that you never typically clean. 
especially if you've had something for a few years already.
I'm glad I learned this lesson before something bad happened.

Keep and eye out for two cleaning tips a month. Once on the first Monday of the month, once on the third Monday of the month. Some tips you might already know, others you may learn something new from.

~Katie~



No comments:

Post a Comment